Dragos: Venture funding report as of October 2021
Dragos a cybersecurity startup founded back in 2016 has made headlines with its recent $200M venture fundraising at a valuation of $1.7B U.S. dollars. In this blog post below let’s discuss the company’s complete funding data over multiple venture and equity rounds in the past four years.
Based in Hanover, Maryland, United States Dragos is a business that is basically trying to sell cybersecurity solutions to big size industrial clients across the globe.
Before I proceed further I want to share a brief intro of Dragos in their own words down below.
Official Dragos about Snippet: Dragos is an industrial cybersecurity company on a mission to safeguard civilization by protecting the world’s critical infrastructure.
Dragos codifies the knowledge of our cybersecurity experts into an integrated software platform that provides customers critical visibility into ICS and OT networks so that threats are identified and can be addressed before they become significant events. Our solutions protect organizations across a range of industries, including power and water utilities, energy, and manufacturing, and are optimized for emerging applications like the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT). End of Snippet.
Now, here’s a breakdown of various funding rounds of Dragos with the date, amount of money raised, and investor information in respective order.
- Date — May 5th, 2016 First Seed round with no data on funds raised but with DataTribe as the investor.
- Date — August 24th, 2016 Second Seed round with $1.2M raised from DataTribe as the investor.
- Date — August 14th, 2017 Series A round with $10M raised from Allegiscyber as the investor.
- Date — November 14th, 2018 Series B round with $37M raised from Canaan Partners as the investor.
- Date — January 1st, 2019 Private equity round with no data on funds but with Quantum Energy Partners Association.
- Date — October 8th, 2019 Debt financing round with $6M of financing.
- Date — December 8th, 2020 Series C round with $110M raised from Koch Disruptive Technologies as the lead investor.
- Date — October 28th, 2021 Series D round with $200M raised from BlackRock as the lead investor.
In total, Dragos has raised accumulated funds of $364.2M U.S. dollars across all venture rounds up until now as of October 2021.
Before ending the post, my opinion about Dragos.
Both the company and business seem to be promising. Has an absolutely amazing set of financial backers in the form of BlackRock, Koch, and so many more. It’s a great advantage when you need to get some big size and financially deep-pocketed clients. On top of all this, Dragos seems to be run and managed by people who know Industrial Cybersecurity in a very clear manner.
Also, the Cybersecurity space on a global scale is only going to grow from now because of how many problems are yet to be addressed and solved in that particular category.
Kudos to Dragos on their recent funding round and hope they do well in the upcoming years too.
Thank you for reading this, and God Bless Everyone.
Intro About Myself
Bio: Genius, Polymath, Entrepreneur, Philosopher.